3tbsp unsalted butter, softened
brown sugar 1/4 cup
whisked egg 2 1/2tbsp
vanilla essence 1/2 tsp
salt a pinch
baking powder 1/4tsp
baking soda 1/4tsp
flour 1/2 cup
chocolate chips 1/4 cup plus 2tbsp more for topping
cocoa powder 1 1/2tbsp
- Preheat oven to 350F or heat up your stove oven on medium low heat.
- In a small bowl, stir together the butter and sugar until well combined. Add in the cocoa powder, vanilla and egg stir until incorporated.
- Sprinkle the the salt, baking powder, and baking soda evenly over the mixture and stir until incorporated. Add the flour and stir just until combined. Fold in the 1/4 cup chocolate chips.
- Form a large ball of dough in the center of a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silpat. Top with more chocolate chips and a bit of salt if desired.
- Bake at 350F for 13-15 minutes until the edges are set and lightly browned and the center still looks under-baked.
- Allow to cool for several minutes on the baking sheet. Top off with whipped cream or ice cream!
Recipe idea from Bettie.