Yields around one cup.
- Whole kashmiri red chilies 6-7
- Onion 1 small, roughly chopped
- Garlic 9-10 big cloves
- Ginger 3 inch piece
- Red chili crushed 1 tsp (if using)
- Salt to taste
- Brown sugar 1/4cup or plain sugar 3-4tbs
- Vinegar 2-3tbs
- Soya sauce 4tbs
- Black pepper powder 1tsp levelled
- Oil 5tbs
Boil the chilies in water till soft then puree with a little water.
Saute onions, garlic and ginger in a tablespoon of oil till onions are soft, slightly colored and translucent.
Whiz the onions mixture with the chili paste, adding the rest of the ingredients. Transfer to a pan and cook on medium low flame till water slightly dries. make delicious Schezwan Chicken with it or refrigerate and use in about two weeks.